- 1st 72 hours
- You should not eat or drink hot foods (hot food and/or drinks can cause increased bleeding)
- Not eating for 1-2 days is not a big concern; however, it is extremely important to drink fluids.
- Do not eat foods or drink juices with citric acids, such as oranges, grapefruit, orange juice, etc.
- LIQUID DIET SUGGESTIONS (DO NOT eat anything that you must chew first)
- Popsicles/sorbet/ice chips (ok to suck on these 48 hours after surgery)
- Meal replacement drinks (i.e. Ensure, Slim Fast, MET-Rx, etc.)
- Soups without chunks
- Yogurt (If you usually eat yogurt, you may have frozen yogurt or regular yogurt. If you do not usually eat yogurt DO NOT start at this point as this may cause gastric problems)
- Fruit and/or vegetable juices
- Carbonated beverages
- Cream of wheat
- Pureed fruits and vegetables (use seedless fruits)
- Cottage Cheese
- Apple Sauce
- Soft ice cream
- Smoothies/Protein Drinks
Be sure to call the office if you have any questions or concerns. If you believe you have an emergency situation at any time, call the office at (503) 224-3853 or Dr. Haghighat’s cell phone at (503) 358-2605.
Download the PDF version containing Liquid Diet Suggestions (Month 1).